Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Away with Mom

My mom and I planned a Day Away on Tuesday. On the recommendation of a few people, we decided to head toward Defiance and see what we could find. We had a great time, and it seemed like it was such a short short day! (my mom and I could have fun together cleaning the house, but that's beside the point!) Here are a few from the day.
We started out the morning at a cool coffee shop, Cabin Fever. We actually ended up drinking their coffee twice that day, as we went to a branch store later in the afternoon!
A cool fire escape

We ate lunch at a place called Charlie's Down Under. Wow. I think it was some sort of underground club for the mob back in the day or something. You walk in the front door and immediately go down stairs. There is a window, and a door that is shut to the place. It is so cool.
The bathroom ceiling had quilted velvet covering the ceiling!

This is the bathroom mirror. It doesn't take much to entertain us!
The dessert cart they wheeled to our table
Here is a couch that I wanted to buy SO bad from a thrift store! I think John would have hurt me!

No comments: