Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crib Recall

I was watching the Today Show yesterday, and saw that there was a recall on Simplicity Dropside Cribs due to serious Entrapment and Suffocation hazard to infants and toddlers. As I was watching, I had a fleeting thought that Simplicity sounded vaguely familiar-maybe our crib is that brand, I 'll have to check on it. Throughout the day, it got pushed to the back of my mind until I put Gwyneth in her crib last night. A lightbulb clicked on in my head, so I checked on the internet and Yep! Gwyneth's crib is on the list. What a scary thought. I prayed, thanking God for protection for her, and that I saw it on television ( I rarely watch Today, and even then, I only watch snippets), and remembered to look it up. I snatched her up out of it, and she slept with us last night! It's amazing how things happen, and you can so see God's hand in them! It gives such peace that God uses situations in our life that seem inisignificant to put His plans into place for our lives.

Here is the link for the recall. Get the word out to anyone you may think has this crib. To think that our little sweeties could die from something we trust as safe is disturbing, to say the least. The recall said that, thankfully, there have been no injuries or deaths so far from this recall, but I did see that there were two deaths last year from a similar recall in the Simplicity cribs. My heart goes out to those mamas.

No comments: