Wednesday, November 11, 2009

He Passed!

Do I sound surprised?! Well I am! Haydn took his first Progressive Swim Lessons at the YM. He was a "Polliwog".

As we watched each evening, I had parents encourage me, telling me that their children took each class 4 times until they passed, so just expect it. So, we expected Haydn to stay in Polliwog next time. But, evidentally, Haydn has John's mad swimming skills (: and he really got the hang of it toward the end of the session. I would say he probably would get the Most Improved Award if it were an award. It was so exciting to see him go from a boy not really digging the thought of climbing up the diving board ladder to a brave little water-loving boy whose favorite part of swimming lessons is jumping.
Last night was the last class of this session, so family could come watch. He had a pretty big audience (our family plus Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Larry). I lugged my camera in and everything only to realize that I forgot to recharge my battery. I *never* do that. Well, almost never, I should say! As he climbed up on the diving board, my battery died. ugh.

Not to be defeated, I pulled out the trusty cell phone and finished the session with this! {still missed the diving board pictures, though!}

Great job little Guppy!

1 comment: