Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I know that I'm a little late on the greeting, you get the point! We had a great day celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior! It is so awesome to know that our Lord conquered the grave! We started off our morning at church for a Sunrise breakfast (Yum- great pancakes and sausage), Sunday School, and a cantata. My Sunday School Class acted out the Resurrection story-I have such a great group of kids, I just love them, and they did a great job. They really got into it!!I was in the choir, and John participated in a Reader's Theatre. (He did a *wonderful* job!) My favorite lyrics we sang were "I KNOW that my Redeemer lives, Glory! Hallelujah! What joy this blessed assurance gives. He lives he lives who once was dead. Glory! Hallelujah! He lives my everlasting head. Glory! Hallelujah!

After church, we took pictures at the front of church with family.
The Werts FamilyJim, Lainey, Tiff and Camdyn

This was Camo's "smile". Can we say Jim, Jr.?!!!!
Gwyneth hamming it up with Aunt Missy!


John's Family

Nancy, John, Hutch, Tricia, Gwynie, Missy and Haydn

After church, we ate out at Hong Kong Buffet with John's mom and sister, and then came home for naps and coloring Easter Eggs! For supper, we headed to VW for my family's celebration. I boycotted the camera for a good time (; which I thoroughly had! And, all I have to say is, my mom should open a restaurant and sell the REALLY REALLY good ribs she makes. Wow. They could win awards. Okay. Well, enough about the ribs!

I hope that you had a blessed Easter!

No comments: