Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


I Know that Thanksgiving is not about the food or the family, but giving Thanks to God. 
That being said, I pretty much only took pictures of food on Thanksgiving this year!!  We spent Thanksgiving Day lunch with the Lloyd bunch at Connie and Kevin's, and then supper with the Kemps at Butch & Bobbie's.  We ate a turkey that mom and dad raised.  Yummy!
Saturday we had John's family here at our house. Great times!

I brined my first turkey, with encouragement from my mom.  It was BY far the best turkey I've ever eaten.  Sorry everyone (:
I used Alton Brown's recipe from foodnetwork.com.   Here is the finished product.


I about died because this was the dessert table at the Lloyd gathering.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Good stuff.


This is about the only picture that I took of people.


I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving, and didn't forget what it really is about.  Next year I'll try to pictorally back up what I say and focus a little less on the food!

No comments: